Something to chew on

Friday, April 23, 2010

Food Pantry Blog Project: Day 2

I woke up hungry this morning, but not as hungry as some. (And you know as I type that and think about it, with just two days into this project, I'm thinking about the word "hungry" in a different light. But more on that in a later post.)

I'm a grazer. I normally have a mid-morning snack and a mid-afternoon snack. But yesterday, I stuck to three meals, just as many families do every day. If they're not having to get by with even less...

Three square meals a day should be plenty for me. And my guess is that if I could cut out some of that regular snacking, I might also be able to cut out a few pounds. But that's a different story...

All that being said, I woke up immediately thinking about food. What was I going to have? Well, I only really have two options right now: oatmeal and Cheerios. Unless I want to have spaghetti leftovers. That has been the biggest eye-opener for me while participating in this project. I worry about what's next, and I really have no choice about it. What I have is whatever was in the bag of items I "received" from the Pflugerville food pantry.

I had oatmeal for breakfast again. This time with a banana.

For lunch, more black beans and rice, with a bit of salsa. (Do you know about Hell on the Red salsa made in Telephone, Texas? Such good stuff.)

For dinner, Hamburger Helper with canned green beans on the side. I also had some fruit/veggie juice with breakfast and dinner both.

I'll be taking a break from the project Saturday. We have several social obligations and I simply don't want to do the project halfheartedly. So Sunday, I'm back on it at 100 percent to finish out my seven days...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger