Something to chew on

Friday, February 23, 2007

It's Time

I'll spare you the details, but I stepped on the scale this morning. And it's time to get it together again. My plan for this weekend is to clean out the pantry and fridge and stock it fresh again. Poor Cole will think there's not a thing in the house to eat. There will be food, but it will be healthier than what's in there now. I make this promise to him though: No tofu or broccoli. HA!!!

And I think I've figured out my problem (isn't that the first step?). I'm not an emotional eater per se. I don't eat to celebrate or drown pain or cure anxiety. I'm a mindless eater between 3 and 5 p.m. It's that point of the afternoon where I need a little more fuel to get through the rest of the day, and I need to stand up and take a break from work. And that, for me, has turned in to hanging out in the kitchen and grazing. I need to do something else. I need to do anything else...

I've also come to the realization that I've lost the ability to feel full or listen to my body's cues about being satisfied. So while digging around this morning on Bob Greene's new Web site, I found this hunger scale that made total sense to me. I hope I can tune back in to my real hunger, and maybe at 3 this afternoon I'll start a load of laundry and take the dogs for a spin. I can't do that in the kitchen!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger