Something to chew on

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl Snackin'

There are no real meals on Super Bowl Sunday, right??? It's all about drinks and snacks and just kinda eating a little bit all day long...

Cole provided a link to our first snack of the game, "Chocolate Caramel Crispy Cakes," so here's a picture of how they turned out. Note: I went to two different stores trying to find mini FOIL baking cups. With no luck on the foil, I just used paper. They worked, but the yummy little bites are sticking to the paper just a little. But we could all use a little extra fiber...

With a minute to go in the first quarter, the commercials have been yawns so far. But I did love Oprah calling David Letterman "honey."

Update: Snack #2: Pizza twists and a little ranch and marinara for dipping. This recipe actually came from Rachael Ray's TV show the other day. I'm not a huge fan of her show, it's OK, but I had it on for background noise the other day when she made these. If I ever make them again, they'll have more pepperoni and be thinner.

Snack #3: Chocolate and cream cheese swirl brownies. I could sit down with the whole pan and a tall glass of milk and eat them until I puke. I'm trying to refrain from doing so...

Still no commercials that have blown me away. The Budweiser/hitchhiker one was pretty cute though. And if you live anywhere in Central Texas, you probably saw an HEB spot starring Emmitt Smith. He's such a cutie, and seems like a genuinely nice guy... Makes me wanna go to HEB and dance in the aisles.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • YUMMY....it all looks good! Where's mine?

    Like you, I got a kick out of Oprah and Dave.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 05, 2007 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger