Something to chew on

Saturday, January 06, 2007

In for 2007

I've been meaning to put a couple of things in writing, okay, typing. I'm not making resolutions for the new year, but I am striving for a few goals and making a couple of changes.

There are are a few things that I'm ditching with 2006 and replacing as we start 2007.

  • Out -> Subway. It's just not exciting or even very good. When I need a sandwich, Thundercloud or WhichWich? is the way go to. The bread at WhichWich? is so good, and I love their simple, industrial decor.
  • Out -> Starbucks. Starbucks sucks. It's bitter and tastes old and watered-down. Instead, I'm becoming a fan of Scooter's and Ruta Maya. I'd love to get to Ruta Maya more often, but Scooter's is just closer to the house. Sidenote: There are three Starbucks locations between me and Scooter's, but no more Starbucks.
  • Out -> Walgreens. Ick. It's just becoming funky, and not in a fun '70s-dance-champion kinda way. Instead, CVS now houses all of my prescriptions and is the place for a quick stop for toothpaste or any other quick errand where I don't want to mess with going into the grocery store.
I'm sure there are more. Cole and I were talking about it just the other day. I'll think of them, I'm sure...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Woo-hoo! CVS rules! (I guess I'm partial, though, since I worked there for so long.) And I agree, Starbucks is nasty.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 08, 2007 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger