Something to chew on

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Me, Weird?

It stings just a little to know that my loving husband thinks I'm weird, but apparently he does.

And I guess this little game of tag is kinda fun. It sure beats going out in the cold to actually run around the neighborhood yelling, "You're it!"

So, here's the assignment... Share six "weird" things about myself. I think I'm perfectly normal, but I guess there are a few things that I do that other normal people do not...
  1. I lock the door three times when I leave. (We won't get into my other little OCD issues here.) I don't technically lock it three times; I just turn the key to the lock position three times. Here's how it goes: I put the key in, straight up, and turn it a quarter to the left to lock it. Then I turn the key back to the top, then to the left, then to the top, then to the left a final time. I then slowly pull the key out of the door and quietly walk away. Now if ever Cole comes up behind me to jiggle the handle, I have to start all over. It breaks the seal I've created in my head.
  2. I have a "happy dinner dance." I believe Cole coined that term. And I did this little dance just last night when we ate at the Satellite Cafe in Escarpment Village near our house. The dance started with my first bite of their yummy chocolate torte. I don't even realize I do it, but apparently when I eat something I really enjoy, my shoulders break into a little side-to-side shimmy. Doesn't everyone dance when they eat?!?!
  3. I won't leave the house without earrings. I think this is something that my Gran-gran instilled in me when I was about 6 years old. And to this day she won't leave the house without lipstick and earrings. I can walk the dogs first thing in the morning and never brush my teeth or comb my hair. But if you see me walking through the neighborhood with them, I'll have earrings on.
  4. I won't fly without the little pink rabbit. I didn't get on a plane until I was about 25, and since Mom couldn't go with me, she sent me a little pink rabbit to squeeze in my hand if I got nervous. I swear he used to be bright pink!!! Now he's this sorta pinkish-gray-purple color. He only stands about three inches tall, and I can hide him completely in the palm of my hand when I need to make a white-knuckled fist in mid-air. One of these days I need to calculate how many miles he's flown over the last 10 years.
  5. I won't eat pizza without a fork. I, for one, think this is perfectly normal. I wore braces for years and years, and it's just a habit I picked up during that time. Pizza makes quite a mess in braces if you just bite it!!! Laura understands.
  6. I don't like water to touch my nose. My face is always the first thing I dry getting out of the lake or the shower. I don't know why, but I can handle the feel of water rolling down any part of my body... except my nose!!!
Okay, Laura and Megan... YOU'RE IT!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger