Something to chew on

Monday, October 09, 2006

Word of the Day: Normal

Finally, after 12 months, two trips to the lab, four phone calls and 20 pounds, Kimberly called today and let me know that the retest of my liver function was "normal."

We hear it all the time, experts say that losing 10 percent of your body weight can drastically improve your health in many ways... it lowers blood pressure, reduces the risk for certain cancers and diabetes, and other good things. But in my mind now, this is documented, scientific proof that losing a few pounds made a difference in my health. My "fatty liver," as Dr. Schneider called it, is gone, better, fixed -- however you want to label it.

So I know/hope this will be great motivation for continuing to eat well and getting my butt some regular exercise, but the challenge will be keeping the guilt away when I have a piece of cake or glass of wine. As long as the good and healthy outweigh the indulgent and gooey, I think it'll be just fine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger