Something to chew on

Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday Evening, You Know What That Means

Yep. I weighed in this evening. I started this week convinced that I would lose two pounds and make up for the slow loss over the last few. I ended this week thinking that I had actually gained. I stepped on the scale and was down .6 (after the .6 gain last week). Not a banner week, but a loss nonetheless, and that's what it's all about!!!

And, don't tell Pam (my WW leader), but I'm not planning on counting points this weekend. I'm just gonna live and eat and visit with Cole's family and shop and enjoy the weekend. That's my plan. I won't let myself go crazy and have chocolate cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but I don't wanna stress and worry about every bite. Just for a couple of days...

And here's the thought that I've been trying to work through in my mind all day... Am I eating enough??? Has my weight loss slowed because my body is hanging on to every little calorie??? If I feed my body well this weekend, will my cells think "oh, she's gonna feed us, we can go ahead and burn all the fat and calories we need/want to" come Monday when I cut back again???

Or am I being lax with my jounaling, allowing myself to "forget" to write down food and keep track of points??? Fun weekend ahead. Focus again come Monday.

But it boils down to this:

Losing more than half a pound is a win this week.

Being 35 pounds lighter than my all-time highest weight is a win.

Having a plan is a win.

Knowing I can and will reach my goal weight... one of these days... is a win!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger