Something to chew on

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Waiting for the phone to ring

Went to the lab this morning; got poked with a needle. I think she took about two pints of blood -- it seemed to take forever. But she was so gentle and used some sort of "butterfly" needle that was smaller than the usual ones. It didn't hurt a bit.

So... now I'm just waiting for Dr. Schneider (or Kimberly) to call and give me the results of my liver profile. I did what he said. It took almost a full year, but I lost the 10 percent of my body weight (last October I was at 172 in his office) that he suggested. Back then he thought that the high liver enzymes were just a result of what he called "fatty liver." I'm not a drinker, so it's not like I've pickled my liver through the years.

My hope is: Either the weight loss and change in eating habits has helped. Or, it was just a fluke and my liver is perfect and the test had a 3 percent margin of error. (It is election season after all.)

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger