Something to chew on

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Pleasant surprise

Friday evening we're having a little pre-wedding BBQ dinner for Erin and Ron. Knowing that I wouldn't be able to go to my regular Friday evening WW meeting, I went a day early... and lost an additional 2 pounds, even weighing a day ahead of schedule!!!

I was very pleasantly surprised, and almost shocked, that I'm now down a total of 11.4 pounds with WW. Is it because I weighed on scale #1 instead of scale #3 like I usually do? Is it because I've been drinking more water this week? Or is it because this is actually working???

I'm starting to feel it in several pairs of jeans, and even in my unmentionables, but I'm still not seeing it in the mirror. And who knows when I will... when I lost weight before, I never really saw the change in the mirror, but I definitely saw it in pictures.

Maybe it's because I define myself, in my own heart and mind, without using weight as a measure. I don't think of myself in terms of what the scale says. I'm not a better person at 155 than I was at 175. When I'm relaxing with Cole or spending time with my parents or napping with the animals, I don't think of myself in terms of pounds.

I'm thrilled about the weight loss, and I'm very excited and determined to get 10 more pounds off, but I'm more excited about getting healthier, having more energy and shopping for new jeans.

The plan for tomorrow night's BBQ dinner??? Portion control, extra water during the day, and skiing Saturday morning to burn off some calories!!!

And, it's time to call Dr. Schneider to retest my liver... stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger