Something to chew on

Friday, August 25, 2006

Setting a goal

It's Friday night. That means that I had my regular WW meeting at 5:30, oh, and I weighed in. 1.4 pounds gone this week, for a total of 9.4 since I started with them. It's gone very smooth and consistently, and it really is an easy program to follow. The counting POINTS sorta becomes a game after a while... "If I have six POINTS for breakfast, what can I have the rest of the day to get the most bang for my POINTS?"

Plus there's built-in wiggle room for the days you just can't pass up the chocolate chip cookie or glass of wine. There is not enough wiggle to splurge every day, but it you play the numbers right, you can have a successful and yummy week each week.

Before the meeting this evening, I visited with Pam, our Friday evening Leader. We came up with my goal: 145. According to their online assessment, a healthy weight for someone my height and age is anywhere from 124 to 155. I certainly don't think 124 would work for me at all, but when I get to 145, we'll just see from there if I need to keep going. At one point a couple of years ago, when I was right around 145, Dr. Schneider called that my "fighting weight," so it seems like a good goal to have again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger