Something to chew on

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I Don't Like Peaches

But I think I could down a serving of Wom Kim Peach Pudding from Hyde Park Bar and Grill at least once a day for the rest of my life. This is not pudding mind you, it's a vanilla cake with peach slices at the bottom (think upsidedown pineapple upsidedown cake, but with peaches). A slice of this warm cake is served in a puddle of sweet cream. The more the cake soaks up the cream, the more the consistency changes to feel like the "pudding" from the name.

Now, I don't know who Wom Kim is, but he did a great job on this one!!!

Mom and Dannie took Cole and me out to dinner this evening for our "birthday slash anniversary slash birthday" as Dannie said. Mom, Dannie and I split an order of the every-crumb-is-perfect peach pudding, and Cole had some 1886 chocolate fudge brownie cake thing that looked soft and gooey enough that it probably didn't even need to be chewed.

After dinner, we were heading to the vehicles to get our birthday goodies from Mom's car. Mom and Dannie decided to drive over to the area in the parking lot where Cole and I were parked so that Dannie could check out Cole's new truck. As Cole and I walked closer to the truck, we noticed something on his driver's side window. Was it bird poop? Was it ice cream from the Amy's across the street? Even more random than that: It was a bright pink splatter from a paintball. All. Over. The truck. Luckily, it washed off very easily... but the pink was very pretty up against the solid black.

UPDATE: Find the full recipe here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger