Something to chew on

Monday, October 02, 2006

My Favorite Seven Points

Well, I stuck to my plan this weekend. My plan of no plan. I didn't eat like a crazed woman, but I didn't count a single point either.

Pecan pie? I had a piece, but not the whole thing.

Fresh ribs that Randy smoked? I had four, but not the whole rack. (Yummy!)

Puffy tacos, refried beans and rice at El Chaparral in Helotes? Oh yes, but I only ate half of what was on my plate.

But today was a whole new day. I counted points, drank my water and will really focus for the next couple of weeks before going to Vegas. I will be so happy to drop below zero (meaning going from, say, 150 to 149). And I'll do that in just four more pounds. That's always a boost!!!

I ate 25 points worth of food today, my favorite of which was at dinner. Cole's famous grilled cheese sandwich!!! Yes, it's bread, cheese and butter, but I can't get them perfectly golden brown and warm (but not hot) like he can. I guess I cook them too fast, and I normally end up tearing or otherwise mangling the bread. Somehow, Cole's version of a grilled cheese sandwich always turns out to be the stuff of what I would imagine would be a food stylist's dream.

I should have taken a picture of it to post, but I couldn't waste a single moment of enjoying every warm, delicious bite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger