Something to chew on

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Trying Something New

I'm getting ready to head to the grocery store to pick up a few things for the weekend, and another challenge hit me. (I wonder how many days in a row I can do this?) I'm going to pick up a fruit or veggie that I've never tried before, and try it today.

With fall in the air around parts of the country (we'll hit 90ish today), the produce departments are starting to fill with a beautiful autumn bounty. So maybe I'll roast an acorn squash, or chop up some jicama for a salad. I'm sure something will grab me.

Are you in?

Update: I bought nectarines at the store. I'll give you my review later.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Would butternut squash be a new one for you, because Lyn over at Escape from Obesity has an amazing butternut squash mac and cheese...http://escapefromobesity.blogspot.com/2007/12/eat-your-veggies-butternut-mac-n-cheese.html

    But just roasting it is yummy too.

    By Blogger Goaledgirl, at October 09, 2008 9:45 AM  

  • I actually like butternut squash. I wasn't a big fan of the nectarines though, but I was happy that I gave something new a try!

    By Blogger Summer, at October 09, 2008 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger