Something to chew on

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Lose for Good

I did not want to step on the scale this morning. (It's a girl thing. I'll leave it at that.) But I did anyway because for the next six weeks Weight Watchers is turning each pound lost into a pound of food for the hungry around the world. Their Lose for Good program will donate up to $1,000,000 to world hunger organizations.

Pam, our meeting leader, this morning said that this campaign was started to help try to right an imbalance. She said 1.6 billion people around the world are overweight, but something like 8.2 million people are starving. (I hope I got those numbers right.)

So, even feeling bloated and icky this morning, I got on the scale to get a starting weight for the program. That just means that my loss next Saturday will be that much greater! Even if I only lose five pounds over the six weeks of this program, Share Our Strength would be able to feed a family of four for almost two full days, on my five pounds alone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger