Something to chew on

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Afternoon Snack

I had my very first vegan cupcake yesterday, and it came from Sugar Mama's Bakeshop in Austin. The only cupcake shop in Austin as far as I'm concerned.

I was a little skeptical. I usually like my cupcakes with full-blown eggs, butter, fat, calories and guilt. Would it be sweet? What would it feel like in my mouth? Would the icing even compare to the *real* thing?

Yes, it was sweet, actually a little sweeter than I was prepared for. The texture was no different at all, if anything, just a bit denser. And I could definitely eat this icing with a spoon and be just as happy as I would be eating her vanilla buttercream straight from the bowl. (Which if yet to get the chance to do.)

My conclusion: I'm ready to try her other vegan flavors (I thought this one was lemon-strawberry, but her menu says lemon-raspberry). Who wants to meet me there?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger