Something to chew on

Monday, July 06, 2009

Inspired

So, last week we saw Food Inc. the day after receiving our first Food-to-Work basket of local fruits and veggies. And today, Cole and I signed up to start volunteering at the Capital Area Food Bank. I think I feel a shift happening.

No doubt, I won't be perfect, but my plan is to simply try to eat better and more locally. Too bad I can't grow chocolate chip cookies in the backyard.

Breakfast:
Small sugar-free vanilla latte
Low-fat yogurt
Two hard-boiled eggs
(organic, brown, cage-free)

Lunch:
Leftover brisket from Saturday
Leftover mustard-roasted potatoes
(made from locally grown potatoes and yellow onions)
Baked zucchini slices
(locally grown)

Dinner:
Goat cheese and asparagus pasta (photo above, recipe)
(Texas goat cheese)
Fresh watermelon and cantaloupe
(both grown locally)
100-calorie snack cakes

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • I still want to see that movie...

    MAN...your meal plan sounds fabulous. I may have to try this pasta recipe...yuuuum!

    Those 100 calorie snack cakes aren't local though. /: Too bad sugar mama's is. (: Hahahah.

    By Blogger Claire, at July 07, 2009 2:06 PM  

  • HA! Very true. I just picked up a vegan beauty from Sugar Mama's while running errands during lunch today. I'm anxious to try it this evening.

    And definitely do go see the movie. I think y'all both would enjoy it and appreciate the message.

    By Blogger Summer, at July 07, 2009 2:20 PM  

  • Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that I'm linking you now cause I love your posts. I look forward to reading more in the future!

    By Anonymous Porky M., at July 07, 2009 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger