Something to chew on

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good Afternoon

I've learned something about myself while counting calories these last few days: I could easily eat 1,000 calories from 2-5 p.m. every day. Okay, well, maybe not 1,000. But a bite of this, a handful of that and one of those will add up VERY quickly.

It's good for me. As crazed as I've been about my weight these last few years, I've never counted calories, and doing so has been so eye-opening. I hope I can keep it going!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • That's what it's all about... calories in calories out. Doesn't it suck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 23, 2009 9:58 AM  

  • Thanks for stopping by! Do you remember sending me a coaster with a picture from the capital that you made? Well, it is fitting now that I am in Texas :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 25, 2009 11:32 AM  

  • I DO, Shannon! Are you in Austin by chance?

    By Blogger Summer, at February 25, 2009 11:57 AM  

  • No, actually I am just South of Denton. I think that is about 3 1/2 hours away.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 25, 2009 12:23 PM  

  • Hi Summer,

    Personally, I find counting calories to be a real pain in the rear. But different things work for different people - and this seems to really be motivating for you.

    My focus is on healthy eating, rather than weight loss, but I find that if I focus on getting my 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables in everyday, everything else sort of falls into place.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 27, 2009 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger