Something to chew on

Friday, October 10, 2008

Nature Challenge

Well, we're back from New York City, and after lots of yummy pizza and cupcakes, I'm ready to get myself back on track. So here's a little challenge for today: Take a nature walk.

If you have a camera, grab it and stroll your neighborhood or your favorite park and take pictures of the fun things you see. Leaves changing, fuzzy caterpillars, sun flares reflecting from the slide.

If you don't have a camera, how about a pencil and some tissue paper. Make fun rubs of fallen leaves or rocks or even the bark on the trees.

It may sound silly, but walking just to take in the nature around us may distract our minds from the fact that we're getting in a little bit of physical activity.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Good idea... except I'm in Vegas and it's just not too pretty.... but on another note, I have been eating much better this week. I find if I get dressed up for work and look nice, I eat better because I'm more aware of how I look. I eat more fruit and veggies because I feel better about myself and want to continue that feeling... does that make sense?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 16, 2008 11:44 AM  

  • It makes total sense to me. I was feeling a bit frumpy yesterday, but I actually brushed my hair and put on a touch of lip gloss, and somehow I felt much better about myself... :-)

    I think how we feel affects how we look as much as how we look affects how we feel!

    By Blogger Summer, at October 16, 2008 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger