Something to chew on

Sunday, March 11, 2007

"I Will Probably Salivate"

Once again, my experience at SXSW is being documented in bites and nibbles and crumbs of food. I love being able to take visitors (Rex, his son, Laura and Patrick this time) to Austin-area restaraunts with great atmospheres, interesting histories, oh, and good food. Today for lunch, it was Las Manitas on South Congress. This evening for dinner, it was the Salt Lick out in Driftwood.

But I will offer these few randoms bits from SXSW over the last two days so far. These are only my opinions and observations, and there will be more to come.
  • People should bathe, daily. Your pheromones are not going to make your soulmate magically appear at your feet while at SXSW. Practice good hygiene so that the rest of us can comfortably be in your presence.
  • Women should wear bras.
  • How hard is it to be on time??? I love the fact that panels at SXSW don't start until 10 a.m., and there is a 30-minute break between them. Seriously, how hard is it to be courteous to your fellow participants and to the panelists themselves by simply being on time?!?!
  • I heard someone today refer to the distance from their home to a beach in terms of "how the crow flies." That made me smile.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger