Something to chew on

Monday, March 26, 2007

A Sweet Snack

I was skeptical at first. I had seen the bags in the grocery store for a couple of weeks, but was scared to try them and knew Cole wouldn't touch them. Then I was in Target the other day on the edge of shaking from not eating anything for several hours, and I grabbed a bag to try.

"Wild Berry Patch" chips from Flat Earth (a Frito-Lay company I believe). How bad could they be?!? Well, they're purple, and chips aren't supposed to be purple. But they're really good. They taste to me like a cross between an apple and a strawberry, flattened and baked super thin with a sprinkle of sweetness on top. I actually think they'd be great along side a yummy bowl of Gran-gran homemade vanilla ice cream.

If you see them in the store, don't be afraid. They are very good, and they have half a recommended serving of daily fruit in each ounce, or so they say.

The next flavors I hope to try: Apple Cinnamon Grove and Farmland Cheddar. Yummy! Sure beats the Dill Pickle flavor that I see on the aisles these days.

Oh, sidenote: While trying to find their Web site, I found this fun little article from the Onion.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Chips can be purple, it's cool! :) One of my favorite chips are these black bean kind and they are a crazy royal purple color.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 27, 2007 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger