Something to chew on

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

SXSW Was Yummy

SXSW (at least the Interactive portion) ended today. (Rex and Laura have both posted some great wrap-ups of many of the panels that we attended.) Rex flew out first thing this morning, I dropped Laura at the airport in the pouring rain late this afternoon, and Patrick catches a plane at the crack of dawn tomorrow.

After all the dipped-in-sauce, covered-in-gravy, candy-coated-then-fried food that we consumed, this evening we actually ate in a more healthful way than we had in days. We stole Patrick away from work for a couple of hours to wander around Whole Foods and grab a quick bite. I had a chicken teriyaki bowl, and I think my system went into a little bit of shock when I introduced steamed vegetables into my body for the first time in what seems like ages.

I should have purchased some of these beautiful artichokes from Whole Foods. Cole loves artichokes...

Tomorrow, after a trip to my favorite HEB, the diet begins.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Holy cow, you passed up those artichokes?? Something went wrong there....those are gorgeous!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 15, 2007 7:37 PM  

  • They were incredibly beautiful, and I don't think the picture does them the justice of showing off their true size. That's just one of those things I would not have known what to do with when I got it home...

    By Blogger Summer, at March 16, 2007 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger