Something to chew on

Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Fresh Start

Day 1 back on Weight Watchers.

7:52 a.m. I woke up this morning with an odd feeling of determination. It's nice when you're brain decides to do something, and your heart, body and soul immediately jump onboard.

9:30 a.m. Why wait until going to the meeting to officially start??? I'm counting points starting today.

8:15 p.m. I went to my meeting at 6:30 p.m. The leader that I really like, Pam, was still there and even remembered me. Several other people were also joining tonight, one of whom asked me: "What do you have, like, 2 ounces to lose?!?" Excuse me??? Thanks for the compliment, but we're all here for the same reason. I didn't let myself get to 300 pounds or 25o or even 200, but I don't want to either. I want to get control before my weight gets out of control. I want to be around people once a week, who like me, have issues with the same. Like I said, I appreciate the sideways compliment, but still...

It's gonna bore you to tears, but I'm going to start keeping a food diary of sorts here, which is why I started this blog to begin with: to be accountable, especially to myself. I'll also keep my paper trail of points on the official WW weekly diary, at least to start, but this will give me reason to keep track and blog every day.

Breakfast: Coffee with Splenda and creamer: 1 point
Smart Ones chocolate chip muffin: 4 points

Mid-morning snack: banana: 1 point

Lunch: Rigatoni with chicken and broccoli: 6 points
crackers: 1 point

Afternoon snack: trail mix: 3 points

Dinner: South Beach wraps: 4 points
crackers: 1 point
WW chocolate snack cake: 1 point

TOTAL: 22 points. Exactly what I was shooting for today.

Activity: I put a new battery in my pedometer.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Oh what the hell?! You wake up 30 mins before you start work? I am so freaking jealous. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 13, 2007 10:02 PM  

  • HA!!! That wasn't my wake-up time, that was just the time that I stamped that post starting with. The boys have already had their first outing by 6 each morning...

    By Blogger Summer, at April 14, 2007 4:46 PM  

  • I'm calling bullshit on the 6:00 a.m. wakeup time! She's up at 6:00 to feed the dogs, but back in bed and sound asleep within ten minutes. The earliest she's ever out of bed is 7:30...

    By Blogger Cole, at April 14, 2007 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger