Something to chew on

Monday, April 02, 2007

It's in the Bag!

I don't know about you, but when I go to the grocery store I'm very careful about where I put things in my basket. Maybe it's my OCD coming out a little, but I truly think it's just smart shopping.

I always hit the produce section first and put the bananas, lettuce, apples, carrots, and whatever other fresh fruit or veggie grabs my eye into one corner of my basket. All of my cold goodies -- deli meat, sliced cheese, yogurt, butter -- go into another area of my basket together. Boxes of cereal, muffin mix and crackers are lined up neatly and nicely up front.

You get the picture; I handle my whole trip this way.

Even when I get to the conveyor belt at the checkout, I take things out of my basket the same way. Boxes are placed on the conveyor belt together; frozen things together; produce together.

Why is it then, when I get home, there is a single bag containing a box of dog treats, a bunch of bananas, and a bottle of dishwashing soap?!?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • I do the same thing! Just the other day, I was actually scolded by a cashier for lining up all the baby food containers in neat rows on the conveyor belt.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 03, 2007 10:58 AM  

  • Ditto...I do the same thing. I did have a cashier once that appreciated the fact.
    Your sacker shouldn't have put the bottle of soap with the bananas! ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 03, 2007 9:27 PM  

  • What she failed to mention is that she did the self-checkout and her groceries still ended up that way!

    By Blogger Cole, at April 03, 2007 10:00 PM  

  • HA!!! This was NOT a self-check occasion.

    By Blogger Summer, at April 04, 2007 7:59 AM  

  • I know this will surprise everyone, but _I_ do the same thing! Though I'm not a planner, I AM a food-safety freak. Therefore, raw meat must ride alone in its own corner. All other cold things ride together. All produce and bread are carefully placed.

    Also, I'm a former grocery cashier, so I tend to unload in the easiest-to-scan-and-sack order. It's definitely a no-no to sack nonfood items with food.

    By Blogger lcreekmo, at April 06, 2007 9:57 PM  

  • Gee, I thought I was the only one with this problem! Nice to see there are other sick people out there!

    By Blogger Unknown, at April 09, 2007 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger