Something to chew on

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Food City

Austin is an awesome city. You don't need to look very far to find the great live music, outdoor fun and weirdness to prove it. Oh, and did I mention the food?

Saturday's Cupcake Smackdown 1.0 was a perfect meshing together of all of the above.

Organized by fellow Austin food-lover Jennie Chen, there was no other place I wanted to be, and I think about 1,000 other Austinites felt the same way. There were cupcakes, cupcake-eating contests (for dogs and humans), live music, silent auction (which I somehow missed) and cupcakes. By the time Cole and I were heading out the doors, the crowd was spilling out onto the sidewalks. I think the Convention Center might be a great venue to consider for the next one.

And if you can believe it, I showed some restraint and only had one cupcake. And a small one at that!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger