Something to chew on

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Because

Because the scale is scary.

Because I'm not comfortable in my own skin right now.

Because I wanna shop for cute summertime dresses.

Because 40 is entirely too close.

Because I want to be healthier.

Cryptic, but I will say this: I'm on day 2 of seriously trying to lose some weight again and not just talking about it. I've chosen a plan that may not be popular with lots of folks, and I'm not quite ready to defend it, but it makes sense for me right now. It's easy and convenient, and I get to eat six times a day -- with my blood sugar, that's very important.

Let me see how it goes for a week or so, and I may be ready to offer a full report. Until then, wish me luck!

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • Please tell me you're not using crack as a dieting device!

    By Anonymous Megan, at June 08, 2010 10:39 AM  

  • HA! No. I promise my methods are totally legal...

    By Blogger Summer, at June 08, 2010 10:41 AM  

  • I need a new diet. My 500 calories a day diet sucks serious ass.... share girlie!

    and good luck. I know EXACTLY how you feel, actually most women know exactly how you feel and it sucks anyway you look at it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 08, 2010 10:47 AM  

  • 500 calories a day?! ACK!!

    (Just emailed you.)

    By Blogger Summer, at June 08, 2010 10:53 AM  

  • Hope it's good...and doesn't leave you hungry. I'm on the verge of giving up myself. The scales keep going up and up! I just love food too much to give it up. Blah! Hope this works so you can share it with the rest of us. (:

    p.s. - I think the captcha just called me a "hussy"

    By Blogger Claire, at June 08, 2010 12:27 PM  

  • Bad captcha!! It called me dumb not long ago on a friend's blog... :-)

    By Blogger Summer, at June 08, 2010 12:29 PM  

  • I got tired of not losing in WW... so I quit. I'm now trying Denise Austin's Daily Dozen - because it's informative... and the advice makes sense to me.

    The best of luck in your efforts.

    By Blogger Liz, at June 08, 2010 12:50 PM  

  • ugh I feel like I could have written this myself. I'm really interested to see what you're doing, and good luck! Just this week I started a sort of half-assed attempt at really tracking everything I eat, and I keep starting couch to 5k or exercise videos and my interest fades sooo quickly.

    By Anonymous elizabeth, at June 08, 2010 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger