Something to chew on

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's Official: I'm Composting!

You know several weeks ago when I was trying to figure out the best way for us to compost at home? I didn't want to dig holes in the backyard. We don't really have the space to build three above-ground containers for filling and turning. And I don't have 300 bucks to spend on an electric counter-top system right now.

But I've found the solution: Green Bucket Composting here in Austin! For as little as $3.50 a week, they'll pick up the food waste right from your front porch, compost it on their family farm, and use it to grow vegetables for their families, their employees and even local food banks. They provide the containers, filters and bags, all I'll have to do is provide the food scraps. My bucket arrives Friday!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • What a wonderful plan... I wish they had something like that here in Vegas!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 20, 2010 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger