Something to chew on

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rockin' and Rollin'

Cole's home.

Mom and I were supposed to see ZZ Top at the Backyard this evening. That's the same great outdoor venue where Megan and I saw the Barenaked Ladies last November. It used to be out in the middle of nowhere, but now there are stores like Lowe's, PetsMart, Michael's and such all within eyeshot of the stage. Mom and I were both feeling a bit lazy, and then there was that whole Augie-up-the-tree thing, so our outing was canceled.

And just to brag a bit: I've already lost three pounds since Thursday. I know that won't be a normal rate of loss. It's also not a healthy rate of loss that is possible to sustain. But it does show me (not that I didn't already know) how horribly I was eating just last week, and that three days back to counting points has already made a huge difference. My first goal is to lose five pounds before going to Nashville next Sunday. That may actually happen at this point.

Breakfast:
Yogurt: 2 points
granola bites: 2 points

Mid-morning snack: pickled okra: 0 points

Lunch: South Beach wraps: 4 points
mini Three Musketeers bar: 1 point

Afternoon snack: apple pie cups: 3 points

Dinner: pizza: 6 points
salad w/vinaigrette: 2 points

TOTAL: 20 points. That's a little low, but it's hard to eat when you're chasing cats up trees. And I would have had at least one other point up there when I tried a V8 today, but I couldn't take it and poured it down the drain.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I discovered last year that I like V8, which cracks me up. However, have you read the sodium count on those things?? It's a stroke in a can!! Unfortunately, the low-sodium version tastes like cardboard to me. :(

    By Blogger lcreekmo, at April 17, 2007 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger