Something to chew on

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Two Days Until the Scale

Now that the eating day is over, I'm a point short of what my total should be. Any other time I would be rushing to the kitchen to find a point to eat (which would probably turn to three), but my tummy and brain are both satisfied, so I think I'm staying right here beside Bugsy on the couch.

My first weigh-in since starting over is in two nights. I know there will be a loss. It's just never fast enough. I'm impatient. I'd like 15 pounds gone by the end of the month. But I know that's not the healthy way to do it, and I know that's not a way to lose weight and KEEP it off. They say that the best rate is 1 percent per week. The first week of loss will always be a great jump start, at least for me, of maybe 3-5 pounds. That just proves how badly I was eating before that first full week.

Slow and steady wins the race...

Breakfast:
Lean Pocket Breakfast sandwich: 3 points

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points

Lunch: South Beach wraps: 5 points
cherry tomatoes: 0 points
pickled okra: 0 points
mini candy bar: 1 point

Mid-afternoon snack: fruit parfait cup: 2 points

Dinner: pork chops, apple and Parmesan cheese slices : 6 points

Dessert: Skinny cow ice cream sandwich: 2 points

TOTAL: 21 points

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • I'm totally with you on being impatient. A week ago, I had only dropped a little less than 2 pounds, and I was pretty discouraged. When that happens, I just need to look at the total amount that I've lost so far. My first week was like 7 pounds, but I knew at the time it would be unrealistic to expect a rate like that. However, six weeks into this thing, I'm down 25 pounds. Got some more to go, but it's definitely a good start.

    Thanks for sharing this with us. Are you doing Weight Watchers? Check us out at fatbloggers if you get a chance!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 17, 2007 11:15 PM  

  • Summer don't you dare check him out at fatbloggers. YOU ARE NOT FAT!!! And I kind of take offense at Rick's assumption that anyone watching what they eat is fat. BAH!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 18, 2007 9:21 PM  

  • Awww, thank you, Megan.

    By Blogger Summer, at April 19, 2007 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger