Something to chew on

Monday, April 16, 2007

Cheeseburger Salad

I always struggle to find something new and exciting to prepare for dinner. Something that is healthy and balanced and Cole-approved. I'm afraid of doing one meal too regularly or getting into a rut.

Now that I'm back on Weight Watchers, I'm really making an effort to put together a weekly menu at the beginning of each week. I think this will help me stay focused, keep us from eating out too much, and stop me from going too crazy up and down the aisles at the grocery store. When I get the weekly menu together, I send it to Cole for his review.

But, back to making something new for dinner... tonight it was cheeseburger salad.

I just basically created a salad bar in our kitchen: lettuce, onions, salsa, dressings, crumbled bacon, croutons, etc. And on the stovetop I made little silver dollar-size hamburgers out of lean ground sirloin, kosher salt and course ground pepper, and melted cheese on top. Baby burgers on top of a bed of lettuce and whatever else we wanted in our bowls. Not too shabby, as the Huggins crew likes to say...

Breakfast:
coffee with Splenda and creamer: 1 point
Kashi hot cereal: 2 points

Mid-morning snack: melba toast and laughing cow cheese: 2 points

Lunch: leftover pizza: 6 points
broccoli in cheese sauce: 1 point

Afternoon snack: trail mix: 3 points

Dinner: cheeseburger salad: 8 points
brownie bites: 3 points

TOTAL: 26 points. Four more out of my weekly wiggle allowance. Still on track...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger