Something to chew on

Monday, November 12, 2007

Back in the Saddle

I remember my first week on Jenny Craig years and years ago. I stepped on the scale after eating their prepackaged food for my first full week, and I had lost five points. Five.

When I first joined Weight Watchers almost two years ago, my first week counting points led to a 3.6 pound weight loss. And when I rejoined in April this time around, my first week's loss was 3.2 pounds.

So in trying to turn my "bad" week last week into something good, I'm trying to tell my mind to tell my body that we're simply starting fresh. After eating the way I did for the last several days, I'm hoping that by doing so well today (and for the rest of the week) my body will think we're on week one again. So maybe I'll see a significant loss come Saturday morning. And to tell you the truth, I already feel better, so loss or no loss, I know I'm fueling my body better already.

Isn't amazing to me sometimes how getting healthy and eating right has nothing to do with food and everything to do with simply the way we think...

My day in points:

Breakfast: oatmeal: 3 points

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points

Lunch: soup: 2 points
grapes: 1 point

Afternoon snack: peanut butter and saltines: 5 points

Dinner: fajitas: 6 points
(lettuce wraps, no tortillas)
chips: 2 points

TOTAL: 21 points. Not too bad for getting back into the swing of things.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger