Something to chew on

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ten Things to Do Other Than Eat

This is probably a list that I should print and post go on my refrigerator and pantry doors. When I think I'm starving and must eat NOW -- but am not even really physically hungry -- I need a gentle reminder that there are other things that can fill the moment.
  1. Drink a glass of water.
  2. Call my grandmother.
  3. Make a card for a friend or scrapbook.
  4. Hit the floor with some push-ups.
  5. Walk a dog. Or two. Or three.
  6. Watch a few minutes of the Food Network.
  7. Read.
  8. Blog.
  9. Write an article for work.
  10. Clean something.
Others you can think of??? The longer the list, the better...

Here's how my day ended up.

Breakfast: breakfast sandwich: 5 points
(The new Jimmy Dean D-light with Canadian bacon)

Mid-morning snack: WW yogurt: 1 point

Lunch: chicken nuggets: 4 points
fruit cup: 1 point
snack cakes: 1 point

Afternoon snack: mixed nuts: 3 points
carrots: 0 points

Dinner: pork chops: 3 points
apple: 1 point
parmesan: 1 point

TOTAL: 20 points. Wow. It can be done!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Make yourself a cappuccino (that's what I'm doing right now). Water might be better for me but sometimes I need the caffeine ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 02, 2007 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger