Something to chew on

Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Red-Flag Weight

Not long ago, I thought that I would set my red-flag weight after I reached my goal weight. Well, I haven't reached goal yet -- I'm hovering 7-8 pounds away -- but I'm ready to declare the weight which I will never go above again.

My all-time highest weight was 188. Wow. It's so odd to me to think that I was ever up that far and that at the time I was okay with it... for a while at least. It's amazing to me how/why/when the brain and the heart get together and decide to make the body healthy, but that's a post for another day. So, after deciding it was time to get healthy and lose some weight, I proudly got down to about 142. Then up to 170ish, then down to 150ish and then back up to 162, which is where I was when I started this round of Weight Watchers.

But along that roller-coaster ride, as I saw my weight start to creep back up, I would tell myself things like: "Okay, two more pounds and I'll get to work again." "Seriously, no more than one pound above where I am today." "Really, I won't let myself go over 155." Then it became 157; then I let it become 160. I never set my red-flag weight. But I'm doing it right now.

So here it is: 150. And that may change. Once I hit my goal, I'd like to be able to say that I'll stay there, at goal, for ever and ever. But in case I don't, I need a number that will hit me like a ton of bricks and tell me that it's time to cut out the sweets or jog a little further with Thunder or do 25 more push ups before going to bed.

Breakfast: oatmeal: 3 points

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points

Lunch: sandwich: 5 points
chips and salsa: 2 points
snack cake: 1 point

Afternoon snack: oatmeal: 2 points
banana: 2 points

Dinner: fajitas: 6 points
wrapped in lettuce, no tortillas

TOTAL: 23 points.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger