Something to chew on

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cleaning out the Clutter

I'm on a clutter-cleaning kick right now. It started in the spare bedroom/scrapbooking room, and my closet is next. There are clothes in there that I vow never to wear again. Once I hit my goal weight, I will set a "red-flag" weight. That will be the number on the scale that I commit to never going above again. So I won't need many of the clothes that are in my closet currently...

I found a pair of Gap jeans yesterday that I've had for years and years. When I was in that size, it was the one pair of jeans that I felt looked good on me. They now sag and bunch, and that's a good thing. A great thing. But I don't need or want to keep them around "just in case." There are also t-shirts that Cole makes fun of when I put them on with shorts because you can't even see the shorts. I need to be wearing clothes that fit, and not holding onto those that take me back 20 pounds or more. The Gap jeans may be the hardest piece of my wardrobe to part with. But I'm doing it.

And, hat tip to Laura: an article about other good reasons to clean out your closet.

Other than certain foods (or certain amounts of food), was there something you have given up in the name of progress and health???

My day in points...

Breakfast:
Smart Ones muffin: 4 points

Mid-morning snack: apple parfait: 2 points

Lunch: chicken and pasta: 7 points
okra: 0 points

Afternoon snack: Hershey's 100 calorie Snackster: 2 points

Dinner: The Hula Which Wich? 7 points

TOTAL: 22 points. Nice.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger