Something to chew on

Saturday, July 07, 2007

A Story About a Fig

As I start this post, it's 10:50 a.m. and I've just returned home from my Weight Watchers weigh in. I lost 1.6 pounds this week, and dipped below that zero that I've been aiming for. I'm now at 149.4. I can't believe I just said that outloud for the whole world to hear!!! It seems like 188 was a lifetime ago...

I also sat down with Pam, my Weight Watchers Leader, and put my goal of 140 down in writing. So 9.4 pounds to go to goal, and it feels attainable to me this morning. I really believe I can do this.

And even today at 149.4, I'm now considered "normal" on the BMI scale. Now, there are times when it's good to go above and beyond the usual and the average, but then there are times when it's even better to be just normal.

Oh, and I tried a new food last night. I've been wanting to do that: Sample fruits and veggies that I've never tasted before. Last night, it was a fresh fig. I didn't even know what it was when I saw it on a tray full of bright yellow pineapple, red cherries and green kiwi. There was this tear-drop shaped thing with a stem, and I had no idea what it was. A fig??? I was nervous. My experience with figs is limited to a sugary square cookie. But, it was good. It wasn't overly sweet, and it was meaty like an apple, but softer with the little gritty seeds right in the center. If you've never tried a fresh fig, do. Two medium figs are just one little tiny WW point.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger