Something to chew on

Saturday, June 16, 2007

On the Dot

I weighed this morning. And yes, I hit that 10-pound mark of icky fatty pounds gone. (Confetti falls and band plays.) One even pound lost this week, for 10 pounds -- on the nose -- gone since April.

Yes, that is a slow rate of loss. As much as I'd like 15 more pounds to be gone by, say, Monday, I know that losing it slowly and creating good habits along the way is the right route to take.

My next little mini goal is 2.2 pounds. That will take me to a weight that ends in a nice round zero. Maybe when I get there, I'll tell you what it is...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Summer,
    I think it is good that your trying to loose weight and that you reached a 10 lb mark. However, I don't really see you eating lots of veggies and fruits. Many times when people do "diets" they literally don't eat enough and eat just go get by. They loose muscle, which in turns slows the metabolism down. Muscle weighs more and needs more calories to maintain. Fat weights less, takes up more space and is the thing that hangs around for a long time. So if your loosing weight and your bench mark is the scale, I can almost guarantee that your loosing muscle and not fat. So once you stop doing your "points" diet, you will regain that weight that much faster. Okay enough said. Don't mean to ruin your enjoyement and I know my reply is late and maybe even outdated. KC

    By Blogger KC, at June 22, 2007 6:39 PM  

  • Hi KC, thanks for stopping by. And you're right, I'm not getting in enough fruits and veggies in an average day, but I'm working on it. Actually, I just finished a juicy Fuji apple with dinner.

    What I am learning along the way though -- along with trying to get my fruits and veggies in -- is portion control and that my energy level does better with several small meals a day. I'm also walking more than ever and skiing and doing other things to keep my body moving.

    Thanks for the comment. Come on back any ol' time...

    By Blogger Summer, at June 22, 2007 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger