Something to chew on

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

An "Alli" to Your Weight-Loss Efforts???

How many times have we heard it: There is no magic bullet when it comes to weight loss. We've tried to find it for many years. But the truth is, it's all about eating less (and better) and exercising more. That's why I'm a little nervous about this new Alli.

The blue pill will be sold over the counter starting today in some parts of the country, and all over by Friday. Yes, trials indicate that it will help with your weight-loss efforts (by about 25 percent). But when the literature suggests that you take an extra pair of pants to work because the potential of anal leakage is so great, I think I'll pass. An article I read earlier even mentions staying home when you start Alli because of uncontrollable gas, loose stools and oily discharge.

Gross!!!

So, again, broken-record style... I'll watch my portions, walk the dogs more, make healthier choices, and take it slow and steady.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I know this med as Xenical which had these commercials on with a plus size model spinning around with her man on the beach all the while the voice over talked about the possible side effects.

    I would actually rather stay fat than have some of the problems associated with it.

    So.... it's cycling, treadmill, elliptical, fitness ball etc for this chick instead.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 13, 2007 3:41 PM  

  • ahhh, yes, Xenical. I always thought of that sort of as a prescription laxative... ick!!!

    Best of luck on your journey, tam... I'm right here with you!!!

    By Blogger Summer, at June 13, 2007 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger