Something to chew on

Monday, May 21, 2007

Flag-Wavin' Arms

So, it happened this weekend. That dreaded realization that I am a female getting older and more out of shape each year. I'll call it Cole's fault...

We went to the lake Sunday. It wasn't our best day ever on the lake by any means: It was windy, choppy and crowded, and we fought with waves, the boat cover and the anchor. One thing we did get accomplished though was the installation of a rear-view mirror so that I don't fear being hauled off to boat jail for breaking the law that says you must have a third person or a rear-view mirror when skiing. Cole technically installed the mirror; I held the instructions and enjoyed the warm sun and cool breeze.

When the mirror was secure and we had had a bite for lunch, I drove the boat while Cole skied. Now, I try to be a good driver and give him good signals when he skis (along with the courtesy of trying not to drown him). You know, signals like drawing invisible circles in the air with one finger when I'm going to turn and making an up-and-down movement with a flat hand when bumpy waves are coming his way. And that's when it happened. I made the "bumps are coming" signal with my arm. And that's when I saw it in the rear-view mirror. My arm. My flabby arm. My pale, 35-year-old, flabby arm.

I was devastated. I was sad. I didn't want to look in that blasted mirror again. But then I got a grip on my crazed mind and took a deep breath and paid attention to Cole jumping the waves behind me, having what looked to be a little bit of fun.

So along this weight-loss journey, I have to remember, among many other things, not to focus on one imperfect arm, but to focus on the fun going on around me.

I think it's time to dust off the hand weights and get the guns into shape. Losing the weight is one thing, but getting what's left in good shape is a whole other...

Breakfast: yogurt: 2 points
granola bites: 2 points

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points

Lunch: SB wraps: 5 points
French fries: 5 points

Dinner: edamame: 1 point
Asian chopped chicken salad: 6 points

TOTAL: 23 points.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger