Something to chew on

Friday, May 04, 2007

I Can't Breathe, But I Have a Plan

Allergies stink. Not that I can actually smell anything right now because I'm so stuffy and stopped up.

After I braved the scale yesterday and surprised myself by losing a pound for the week, I decided I really wanted to buckle down this coming week. I'm off to a great start today, even got to have dessert. But a little nervous about tomorrow.

My mom's cousin Clay and his wife, Betsy, are in town for the weekend from Dallas. We're meeting them for a BBQ lunch at the County Line on the Lake. Of course, it's okay to eat out while watching dieting. The trick is to plan. Plan. Plan. So, I'm planning on having the smoked turkey breast "lite lunch" with no cole slaw. Knowing their portions. I'll also be leaving half of everything on my plate.

Breakfast:
Kashi hot cereal: 2 points
coffee: 1 point

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points
WW chocolate/raspberry bar: 1 point

Lunch: South Beach wraps: 5 points
crackers: 1 point

Mid-afternoon snack: trail mix: 3 points

Dinner: pork chops, apple and parmesan: 6 points

Dessert: WW ice cream bar: 2 points

TOTAL: 23 points. Nice.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • Nice job planning for all of this. Family barbecues are the worst, as far as I'm concerned. And great job planning in a snack for the in-between times when it's tough to wait for the next meal. I've found that "snack" isn't a bad word--it's just a way of providing nourishment for our bodies and getting us through the day.

    Thanks for commenting over at FatBloggers. Are you interested in joining us? Drop me a line if you're interested!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 05, 2007 6:58 PM  

  • Congrats on the weight lost. Often the process is slow and steady.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 06, 2007 2:30 PM  

  • I wonder if Rick is a member of TactlessBloggers, too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 07, 2007 8:46 PM  

  • Now, now, now Megan. They're just trying to be supportive and cast their net for support as far as they can...

    By Blogger Summer, at May 07, 2007 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger