Something to chew on

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

100 Calories Packs: I Love 'em!!!

I love those little boxes on the aisles at the grocery store. You know the ones. The 100-calorie pack ones.

From cookies to chips to beef jerky to popcorn and almost everything in between, you can find them conveniently packaged in the perfect portions. Sure, they're a little more expensive, but I'd rather spend an extra dollar than eat three times what a normal portion would/should be. If I'm eating from a full-size bag of chips, I find that my mind tells me, "oh, just one more, okay just one more, really, this is the last one." But if I'm eating a little pack of chips, I open the bag, I clean it out, and I'm done.

I discovered just last week the new Quaker Granola Bites with only 90 calories per pack. Apparently, they're so new that Quaker doesn't even list them on their web site yet. I've been having them mixed in with yogurt for a great breakfast. They're really good and so soft. Sometimes granola bars and snacks are on the chewy or crunchy side, but these have a great texture (of the three flavors, I've only tried the cinnamon) and are just a touch on the sweet side. I can also see a pack of them being good sprinkled on a bowl of warm oatmeal or cold ice cream.

mmmmmmmm, ice cream...

Breakfast: yogurt: 2 points
granola bites: 2 points
coffee with Splenda and creamer: 1 point

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points

Lunch: tuna and crackers: 5 points
mini candy bar: 1 point

Mid-afternoon snack: pudding: 2 points

Dinner: gingered-pineapple chicken: 5 points
rice: 3 points

TOTAL: 23 points. I think it's safe to say I got nowhere close to using my 35 wiggle points this week. I climb up onto the scale in less than 24 hours now. I'll let you know how week 1 officially goes down in the books. Wish me luck!!!

*****

UPDATE: Make that total 25 points. Cole just made me eat a Skinny Cow sandwich...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger