Something to chew on

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

6:55 a.m.: The Phone Rings

Bless Mom's heart. As if we/she didn't have enough going on this week, she went out to get into the car this morning and head to work, and she had a flat tire. This is the same tire that has been losing air ever since they got the new set just a few months ago. The same one that was supposedly patched by the place where they purchased said set.

Dannie was already at work by the time she headed to the driveway to get in the car, so she called me to take her downtown. No problem at all. The dogs are probably upset though; they didn't get their morning walk.

Mom and I talked about her calling the place (it was Costco) where they bought the tires to see what they had to say for themselves and what they might offer to do. But after we talked about it for a minute or two, we decided Dannie should be the one to make that call. Dannie is a kind, gentle and sweet person, but when he suggests that you do something, it gets done. He just has this way about him...

And on a somewhat food-related note: I think I'm about to quick Diet Dr Pepper. It's tearing my stomach up. It's a sad, sad day, and I know they'll notice it in their sales starting immediately. But I'm going to slowly make the transition. Cut back to one a day, then maybe one of the tiny ones a day. Then nothing. Nada. No more dark diet colas for me...

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • No more Dr. Pepper? Say it ain't so!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 10, 2007 7:43 AM  

  • I've heard that the artifical sweeteners in diet drinks actually cause you to crave sweets more than say a regular soda which then causing you to drink more to beat the craving. Maybe without the daily Diet DP, you can treat yourself to a good ol' regular one every now and then! :)

    By Blogger Christy, at May 10, 2007 10:42 AM  

  • Megan: I know you're not a Texan so you're somewhat excused, but Dr Pepper doesn't have a period in it.

    (Sorry, my OCD gets the best of me sometimes!)

    Nevertheless, don't let it happen again. :-)

    And Summer is about to get some of her Native Texan points revoked for not drinking the State Beverage! Boo.

    By Blogger Stacey, at May 11, 2007 5:52 PM  

  • Dr Pepper actually did have a period in it initially, but the company removed it in the 50s after the logo redesign because, in that font, it looked like "Di:" not "Dr."

    But thanks for excusing me as a non-Texan for my mistake!!

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 14, 2007 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger