Something to chew on

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Five Things

The folks over at ChatterBlogging have been highlighting their five favorites things of the moment. They've had many good ones, from cleaning products to cosmetics. And it's made me start thinking of my five favorite things... to eat and drink while I'm trying to lose a few pounds:
  1. The new Squeeze fruit water from Tropicana. At only 35 calories for the whole bottle, it beats the heck out of plain ol' water, which really just bores me sometimes. The taste isn't artificial at all and it's very subtle. Hard to find 'round these parts though. Weight Watchers points: 1 per bottle.
  2. Blue Bunny Health Smart fudge bars. These yummy little bars are fat-free with no sugar added and have five grams of fiber per bar. That, along with the fact they only have 50 calories (60 for the vanilla swirl), gives them a Weight Watcher point total of zero. Zero. Now, that doesn't meet eat eight in a day, but it does mean that I don't have to worry about points when I need a cool, sweet snack.
  3. Fresca. Since giving up Diet Dr Pepper, I still crave that mid-day carbonated drink, so the original citrus flavor is my daily drink with lunch. I hope to one day get to the point where I don't crave a "soda" of any kinda, but at least I don't feel bad (or vomit) after drinking these.
  4. The Food Network. While I don't technically eat or drink it, I definitely consume it. For some reason, I get very satisfied just watching the colorful sauces and soft cookies. It's like a visual of the yummy food is almost (sometimes) as good as actually getting to taste it.
  5. And it may gross some people out, but I'm really digging the Talk of Texas pickled okra. For some reason it reminds me of Saturday afternoon at Gran's house. At five calories for two pieces, it's the perfect crunchy and cool, zero-point treat on a hot afternoon. I even eat them as a side alternative to chips with sandwiches at lunchtime. I've been eating the mild version, but I may get brave soon and try the "hot."
Breakfast: NutriGrain bar: 3 points
yogurt smoothie: 1 point

Mid-morning snack: banana 1 point

Lunch: small burger: 7 points
pretzels: 1 point

Afternoon snack: granola bites: 2 points

Dinner: Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets: 6 points

TOTAL: 21 points

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger