Something to chew on

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I Saw It

Well, I finally saw it yesterday evening. I had just stepped out of the shower and there is was, staring at me in the mirror. It as a little bit of change. I'm not talking about a couple of nickels, but a tad bit of a transformation in my reflection.

I think anyone who has lost weight or struggled with their weight has always kept a particular picture of themselves in their minds no matter what the scale says. For me, at least in my warped thinking, I still weigh about 180 pounds. But I'm working on that, on seeing myself differently.

I remember recently seeing a girl walking across a parking lot in jeans that were way too tight and a t-shirt that was way too small. You've seen her, too, with her middle section hanging over the top of her jeans and fabric so tight across her tummy that you can make out her bellybutton... I told Cole that that is what I look like in my mind. He called me "f***ing crazy" and shook his head, which I took as a loving compliment. He's so sweet.

But looking at myself in the mirror yesterday evening, trying not to focus on the army of wrinkles beginning to invade the country known as my face, I could see a slimmer image. Not of my body, I'm not ready to look that closely yet, but around my face and neck. My neck is a bit slimmer. My jawline too. And losing a little bit of fluff around my face makes my eyes look bigger. What a motivator that is to keep going...

Ten more pounds, prepare to have your butt kicked!!!

How my day added up...

Breakfast: whole wheat pita pocket with eggs and salsa: 5 points

Lunch: hot dog: 5 points
fresh strawberries: 1 point (that yummy photo above is actually from our lunch)

Afternoon snack: graham crackers and peanut butter: 6 points

Dinner: grilled chicken: 5 points
steamed green beans: 1 point

TOTAL: 23 points. I'll take it.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Congratulations! I'm still struggling with about 14 pounds of "baby fat". In my mind's eye, I'm still about 8 1/2 months pregnant.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 28, 2007 8:09 AM  

  • I had the same issue. It took me three years to lose the weight, but another two years before I accepted the fact that I now was healthy and fit. It takes a while but it's an incredible feeling when you do realize it.

    Gal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 02, 2007 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger