Something to chew on

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Oh, My Aching Back

Darn cats...

I threw my back out Saturday evening cleaning out their litter boxes. Well, it's not their fault really. Cole has heard me say this a dozen times now, but it was like one of those things out of a bad sitcom: Someone is bending over to drop trash in the trash can, and as they go to stand back in the upright position, they stick about halfway up. That's what happened to me. I just got stuck trying to stand back up.

My doctor was able to squeeze me in Monday morning, and immediately pointed to a spasm my back was having when she lifted my shirt just a bit. So a prescription of flexeril and a lecture about slowing down as we age (ouch!), and I was on my way.

Monday I ran around with an ice pack, and yesterday and today I've been cuddling with a heating pad. It's getting a bit better, but I can tell this is going to be a slow process.

Old... whatever!

How today added up...

Breakfast:
yogurt: 2 points
granola bites: 2 points

Mid-morning snack: WW cinnamon swirl bar: 2 points

Lunch: club wrap: 7 points
Afternoon snack: WW chocolate bar: 1 point

Dinner: Which Wich? Chicken Cordon Bleu: 7 points
house chips: 3 points

TOTAL: 24 points

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I threw my back out in one of those typical "back safety" film way - I reached into my car for a basket of clothes then spun around only I got stuck. My left leg just wouldn't work because my back was OUT. Awful - I don't ever want to get in that predicament again :-)

    I don't like to think to much about OLD... Exercising is helping me get stronger again so I'm hoping that will protect me some.

    Tam

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 23, 2007 10:28 AM  

  • I have found that even simply walking does feel good. I feel much better walking than just sitting or standing... Maybe I should go shopping... ;-)

    By Blogger Summer, at June 23, 2007 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger