Something to chew on

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Dinner at Home, A Novel Idea

I cooked this evening. We've eaten out the last three evenings in a row, so now that I can finally stand in one place for more than five minutes without wanting to cry from the pain, I thought I'd actually make dinner for my sweet husband.

I didn't do anything too intense or difficult. Heck, the coconut chicken came breaded and ready for the oven (thank you, HEB). But I did grill the pineapple myself. Simple as this...

I mixed 1/4 cup of honey and about a teaspoon of cinnamon while the George Foreman grill was heating up to 300 degrees. I sliced a fresh pineapple in rings about 1/2 an inch thick and laid them on the grill. Then drizzled the slices with the honey mixture and grilled the pineapple for about six minutes. (The little recipe book that came with "the George" said three minutes, but that just wasn't enough.)

Now if we had only whipped up some PiƱa Coladas to go with our dinner, we could have pretended we were on a beach somewhere!!!

My day in points...

Breakfast:
yogurt: 2 points
granola bites: 2 points

Mid-morning snack: apple parfait: 2 points

Lunch: pasta and chicken: 6 points
saltine crackers: 1 point

Mid-afternoon snack: WW chocolate bar: 1 point

Dinner: coconut chicken: 5 points
grilled pineapple: 2 points

TOTAL: 21 points

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Sorry had to comment - you daily menus don't seem to have many vegetables in them. Doesn't weight watchers promote lots of veggies?

    By Blogger Kim, at July 02, 2007 11:03 AM  

  • It's funny, you're about the third person in the last couple of weeks to comment on the amount of fruits and veggies I eat. Or don't eat. And all I can say is that the menus you see each day are a vast improvement from what used to be a daily menu for me.

    Yes, WW does promote eating plenty of fruits and veggies as part of their healthy guidelines, and I'm slowly getting more fruits and veggies added. But in the meantime, I'm mastering portion control, moderation and putting the fork down. I've also kicked my Diet Dr Pepper habit.

    And I'm having cauliflower for dinner tonight.

    By Blogger Summer, at July 02, 2007 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger