Something to chew on

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

About a Goal

(Editor's note: Those are not my feet.)

I've been thinking about it for days now, almost obsessing, Google-ing and wondering what to do. I need to set a goal. Something to aim for, something to maintain. Something to live with for many years to come. And it seems like not two things I read about my "ideal" weight say the same thing. My ideal weight apparently is anywhere from 111-155 pounds. My bones alone weigh more than 111 pounds!!!

I'm leaning toward setting 140 as my goal weight. But then I have flashbacks to being at 140 a few years ago and passing out, face first, on a concrete ramp in front of tens of thousands of Dallas Cowboys' fans. But I don't think that had anything to do with my weight. That had more to do with the fact that it had been almost five hours since I had eaten anything. I've learned many lessons since then. One of which is: I do soooo much better throughout the day if I plan and eat snacks in between my meals. I'm not talking about chocolate cake and French fries in between lunch and dinner. I'm talking about a piece of fruit or a handful of nuts, just to keep my metabolism and blood sugar levels up and running.

Many people might say that 140 is still a little heavy for only being 5'6". But I think that will be a good fighting weight for me. (I'm not a little thing. I did get my Daddy's linebacker shoulders afterall.) And all of the BMI, Weight Watchers, doctors, information I've ever read or talked to about it would put me in the "healthy" category for my height and age at that weight.

How do you decide???

Breakfast:
yogurt: 2 points
granola bar: 2 points

Mid-morning snack: clementines: 1 point

Lunch: turkey pita: 4 points
pretzels: 2 points

Afternoon snack: WW lemon cake: 1 point
saltines: 1 point

Dinner: chicken salad sandwich: 7 points
fruit cup: 1 point

TOTAL: 21 points. Excellent.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger