Something to chew on

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Workin' It

I need to start working out. I walk several dogs several times a day, but I need to start doing some intentional exercise of some sort. The problem: I don't like it.

I have several ideas in mind... I could hop on my bike and cycle a few times a week. I could buy a stability ball and work with weights in the comfort of my own home. I could grab my iPod and take up jogging. I could strap on the pedometer and not stop walking until I reach 10,000 steps each day. But I make excuses...

It's too hot. I don't like to sweat. I need to fix dinner. I've already had a shower today. I wanna sleep just five more minutes. Something good is on TV.

Your thoughts???

But it's just time. It's been time for a long time. I'm pleased with the size I'm getting to and the progress I've made, but now I'm ready to work on the shape. I'll keep you posted...

Here's how my day added up...

Breakfast: South Beach protein bar: 3 points
yogurt smoothie: 1 point

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points

Lunch: grilled cheese sandwich: 7 points
sliced tomato: 0 points
okra: 0 points

Afternoon snack: sugar wafers: 3 points

Dinner: fajita salad: 6 points
chips and salsa: 2 points

TOTAL: 24 points. Okay...

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

  • My workout buddy just bought a pedometer recommended to her by a coworker. The Omron HJ-112. It is supposed to be better than other pedometers. Anyway, her coworker started walking 10,000 steps a day and has lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks (with a sensible diet of course)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 10, 2007 8:37 PM  

  • Omron is actually the brand I have and it is super!!! Hubby bought it for me a while back.

    My best day on it so far was a sightseeing day in NYC last spring: 19,850 steps... :-)

    By Blogger Summer, at July 10, 2007 8:55 PM  

  • Try a spin class... get Cole to go with you, you guys will be hooked. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 11, 2007 8:47 AM  

  • I'll do it if you'll do it. ;)

    I am exercising so much more than I have in the past five years, but I still find it to be a pain. Mostly because I have to figure out what to do with the kids. [Come to think of it, what are you complaining about?? ;) ]

    But I hear ya about it being so hot. That is just not inspiring, is it??

    How about, I will go for a walk tonight.

    By Blogger lcreekmo, at July 11, 2007 4:32 PM  

  • Deal. Let's leash up a dog and go for it!!! If only we were in the same town...

    I just know Thunder and Sally would get along well... ;-)

    By Blogger Summer, at July 11, 2007 5:08 PM  

  • Crack. If you do it I'll do it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 11, 2007 7:12 PM  

  • No, Megan, no. We're talking about walking and exercise. The GOOD kind of pressure to put on your peers... ;-)

    By Blogger Summer, at July 11, 2007 8:57 PM  

  • Try to find some fun activities that you don't have to think of as "exercise" but still give you a good workout. Dancing is a great example of this. It can get quite physical but it's also not something people think of as a workout.

    So instead of going to the gym 3 times a week, go dancing! Doesn't that sound much better? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 12, 2007 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger