Something to chew on

Monday, October 15, 2007

Avoiding the Scale

I'm gonna try it this week. I'm not going to get on the scale here at the house. I will rely on healthy eating and activity, and I will just wait to see the magic number Saturday morning when I weigh in at my meeting. Since starting my weight-loss journey several years ago, I don't think I've ever gone a full week without weighing in the privacy of my own bathroom, several times even. I normally do it just to get a feel for how the week is going and to tell myself when it's time to buckle down. But this week, the number will not be the focus. I will focus on hitting my points target each day, drinking more than enough water and letting Thunder take me for a jog every evening.

Oh, and I tried a new flavor of the Quaker Simple Harvest oatmeal this morning: the apples with cinnamon. Now, when I tried the first flavor, I was very pleased with the taste, the all-natural ingredients list and the fact that it only had 3 WW points. But the apples with cinnamon only has 2 points when made with water. 150 calories, 1.5 grams of fat and 4 grams of fiber. I think I like the maple and brown sugar version better so far, but I love the 2 points in the apples and cinnamon. Vanilla, almond and honey is next.

Breakfast: oatmeal: 2 points
banana: 2 points

Mid-morning snack: yogurt: 1 point
(tried the WW vanilla for the first time today)

Lunch: chicken and pasta: 7 points
5 saltines: 1 point
snack cakes: 1 point

Afternoon snack: mixed nuts: 3 points
sugar-free pudding: 1 point

Dinner: BBQ cup: 5 points
grilled fruit: 1 point

TOTAL: 24 points. Darn nuts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger