Something to chew on

Thursday, September 27, 2007

What Then???

I'm getting so close to goal -- 8 pounds away now -- but I'm doing it very slowly. Which is fine. But I had a scary thought yesterday. What if I'm losing weight this slowly on purpose??? What if I'm afraid to get to my goal weight??? Because what happens when I do???

I've spent the last four years losing and gaining and losing weight, yet this time I'm determined and ready (very important) to not go through the gaining business again. But when I hit goal, what will I be doing??? Maintaining sounds like sitting still to me. Like not making progress. Like not reaching for something. My brain is looking at this all wrong, I know. I need a new view of maintenance. Something that sounds more active and goal-oriented.

Breakfast: 1 cup Cheerios: 2 points
1/2 cup soymilk: 1 point
1/2 cup blueberries: 1 point

Mid-morning snack: South Beach snack bar: 2 points

Lunch: soup: 2 points
cantaloupe: 1 point
five saltines: 1 point

Afternoon snack: nuts: 3 points

Dinner: stuffed pork chop: 5 points
fresh applesauce: 3 points

TOTAL: 21 points. Not feeling great about stepping on the scale Saturday at this point...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger