Something to chew on

Monday, September 10, 2007

Back in the Swing of Things

I didn't weigh this Saturday, at least not on an official WW scale. But I did weigh when I got up that morning on our bathroom scale, and even after my days of traveling and eating out, I was down about a pound. I was tired and we had plans to go to the lake with friends, so I just couldn't/didn't drag myself to the meeting.

I plan to get myself back into counting points this week and officially weigh again this coming Saturday. It's been a good start to the week...

Breakfast: Smart Ones muffin: 4 points
yogurt smoothie: 1 point

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points

Lunch: soup: 2 points
crackers: 2 points
Kudos: 2 points

Afternoon snack: wrap with honey: 2 points

Dinner: Well, it was a good start to the week until dinner. Cole wasn't too keen on the two suggestions I had for cooking dinner here at the house, and I was really hungry for chips and salsa. So we loaded up the truck and headed to Tin Star in West Lake. I had a grilled chicken taco in a lettuce cup instead of a tortilla, with rice and black beans on the side. "Not bad," you may be thinking, and it wasn't. Until the 113 chips I had get counted in. Tomorrow is another day. AND, I'm starting tomorrow at the dentist, which always makes me careful of what I put in my mouth. At least for a few hours...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I hope you were guessing when you said, "113 chips," instead of that meaning that you counted them. :)

    My boot camp guru I think has a really healthy attitude toward food: That you should eat well [and exercise] much of the time, but not to the point where it rules your life. That each person has to find the right point -- some can take the weekend off, or whatever -- but that you must be happy with yourself, and dedicated to being healthy.

    I'm rambling.... :)

    By Blogger lcreekmo, at September 14, 2007 9:01 PM  

  • hehe... not even guessing, just exaggerating. I was hungry for chips and salsa.

    And I totally believe in that "most of the time" living. I just have to be sure my two days of eating freely (well, more free than the other five days), don't totally erase those five good days.

    By Blogger Summer, at September 14, 2007 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger