Something to chew on

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Catching up and Flying out

Just some quick catching up before I pack a bag and head to Nashville for a few days...

When I weighed in Saturday morning, I was up a pound. A perfect ugly round pound. But I totally get it. Last week had burgers and pizza and too many things that a week shouldn't normally have. I continue to conquer this weight-loss effort giving myself permission to eat the things I want every once in a while, but last week was further proof to me that I can't do that every single day. I just can't eat the way I could when I was 20. And I do hope getting in several bike rides each week for the next few weeks will help knock these last nine pounds off. I know just one week of trying won't do it.

We did get a lot of activity in this Labor Day Weekend though. Skiing, long walks with the dogs, a nice bike ride, walking around the State Capitol and running in the rain.

Going to Nashville will not be reason for me to just eat whatever I want. I may not be able to track every single point perfectly, but I will keep an eye on portions, getting in plenty of fruits and veggies, and drinking lots o' water.

Here's how today looked before I hopped on the plane...

Breakfast: cereal: 3 points
1/2 cup soymilk: 1 point

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points

Lunch: wrap: 3 points
pretzels: 2 points
cantaloupe: 1 point

Afternoon snack: Kashi granola bar: 2 points

Dinner: chicken strips and fries: 8 points
(My plan is to grab a kids pack from Sonic as I land and head to my hotel. Not healthy, but quick.)

TOTAL: 22 points. Here's hoping for a good week of eating out of town... wish me luck!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger